About Sheltering Arms Home Healthcare
Helping patients find the power to overcome illness & injury
For more than 125 years, Sheltering Arms has been a trusted name in rehabilitation throughout Central Virginia. Now, that trusted name is available in the comfort and security of your home. Putting patients and their families first has made us a valuable community resource.
When you invite us into your home, you can count on our experience and reputation of providing only the best care for you or someone you love. We are committed to giving our patients the power to overcome illness and injury.
How We Are Different
- You have a choice in healthcare providers and federal law protects that choice. Not all home health care providers are the same, so it’s important to understand the differences.
- We begin care within 48 hours of referral. This means that you can begin your recovery faster.
- Our caregivers are employees and are not provided by a third party staffing agency. This means our caregivers meet our high standards for patient care.
- You will be assigned a qualified caregiver who will deliver care throughout your recovery. We don’t send new people into your home every day.
- We work with your physician to deliver the best plan of care. Putting you first is our priority.
- We are CHAP accredited and a member of the Home Care Elite, which recognizes only the best and most reputable healthcare providers.
Sheltering Arms Home Health Care accepts patients for care regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, being a qualified disabled veteran, being a qualified veteran of the Vietnam era, or any other category protected by law, or decisions regarding advanced directives.