If you have patients with mobility issues who are at risk for hospitalization or emergency room visits, home health is a great option. By providing service in the home, our skilled clinicians can serve as an extension of your care, functioning as your eyes and ears in the home. By coordinating the highest quality healthcare, we enhance your reputation and improve outcomes.
Who is Right for Home Health?
- Patients who are 65 or older
- Patients recently diagnosed with an illness, have had a change in medical condition or have recently been hospitalized
- Patients who have recently changed medication
- Patients who are at risk of falling
- Patients who wish to remain in their homes
For patients who qualify for Medicare, the patient must meet the definition of homebound: Because of illness or injury, the patient needs the aid of supportive devices or the assistance of another person in order to leave home or have a condition that makes leaving his or her home a medical risk. Additionally, a normal inability to leave home must exist; and leaving the home must take a considerable effort. Patients also have the right to choose their own healthcare provider and the federal law protects their choice. Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance cover services. Medicare patients must meet certain conditions for these services to be covered.
Why Choose Sheltering Arms?
Sheltering Arms has been providing care in Central Virginia for more than 125 years. Now, the most trusted name in rehabilitation can serve your patients in their homes. We put your patients and their families first, making us a trusted partner in healthcare.
The Benefits of Sheltering Arms
- Rapid referral process: call or fax us and we do the rest. Spend less time coordinating referrals and more time caring for patients.
- We admit within 24-48 hours
- Our staff is comprised of employees, we are not staffed by agencies
- Our specialized nurses and therapists stay with our patients through the entire episode
- We offer disease specific programs focused on clinical outcomes
- Skilled Nursing
- Home Health Aides
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Medical Social Work
- Heart Disease Management
- Diabetes Management
- Infusion Services
- Cancer Treatment
- Home Rehabilitation
- Pain Management
- Wound Care
- Stroke Rehab
How to Make a Referral
Referring a patient is quick and easy. We pride ourselves in delivering the best customer services to our healthcare partners. Call or fax us and we will do the rest:
Phone: 804-249-4611 / 855-249-4611
Sheltering Arms Home Health Care accepts patients for care regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, being a qualified disabled veteran, being a qualified veteran of the Vietnam era, or any other category protected by law, or decisions regarding advanced directives.